Hi everyone! So like I said last month, my 2014 New Year’s resolution is to write out goals every month and work throughout the month toward achieving them. I will tell you all about my goals here to help keep myself accountable. I think this is going to be a challenge for me- both to come up with goals for every month AND to work on setting realistic goals!
January Goals Update
1) Do at least two guest posts on other sites in January. Mostly PASS. I actually wrote three guest posts in January- but two of them are not being published until this month.
2) Continue the pace of publishing new content three days per week and the Weekly Money Roundup on the weekends. Hmm, I guess I have to give myself a FAIL on this one. Somewhere along the way in January my writing capabilities got a little overwhelmed and I switched to writing two new posts each week plus the roundup got switched to Fridays. I’d like to go back to three new posts a week plus the roundup at some point- but I am finding that it is really tough to do this and have a full time job.
3) Drop Alexa rank below 100,000. PASS- woo hoo! And now that I have achieved this milestone I have decided that I am done focusing on Alexa rank. From here on out I want to concentrate on increasing readership.
4) Go to the gym at least three times a week, including at least two classes. Unfortunately I have to give myself a FAIL here too, but I think I get some brownie points for effort. At the beginning of January I was having a hard time going three days a week to the classes at the gym because I was soooo sore (for days!) after a class. That got better a couple weeks in to the month and I was meeting my three days a week goal… and then it all went to hell the last week of the month when I came down with a nasty nasty cold and didn’t go to the gym at all that week. Sigh.
5) List a couple household items on eBay. FAIL. Crap, I forgot about this one. I have the things piled on my desk in our basement, I just didn’t get around to it.
Darn, I didn’t do all that well my first month setting goals, did I? I’m going to have to work harder on that in February!
1) Improve my About Me and Contact pages. As my blog has been growing, these pages are seeing more traffic, so I want to make them great!
2) Figure out a way to put my disclosure/disclaimer statements back on my site without it looking weird. My new theme does not have a footer section, which was where I had these before, and since the new site design went up last week I have not yet gotten around to putting these back on the site. Gotta do it soon! I think I might just create a page for it and put a link on my menu bar.
3) Spend some time researching more affiliate advertising opportunities. I’d really kind of like to become a Barclaycard (Arrival World MC) affiliate, since the hubs and I just got the card, but so far I haven’t been able to figure out how to join that one. Would anyone be willing to share in the comments how they became an affiliate?
4) Go to the gym at least three times a week, including at least two classes. Yep, this one is totally going back on the list. I really can do this!
5) List a couple household items on Ebay. This one is also going back on the list- I need to get it done! Looks like February is going to be the month when this gets accomplished.
What goals are you working to achieve in February? If you have a PF blog, what affiliate networks have you had the most success with?