Hi everyone! So like I said yesterday, my 2014 New Year’s resolution is to write out goals every month and work throughout the month toward achieving them. I will tell you all about my goals here to help keep myself accountable. I think this is going to be a challenge for me- both to come up with goals for every month AND to work on setting realistic goals! I tend to be a little bit of an over-achiever. 🙂
As I mentioned yesterday, I’ve never been one to formally write out goals before, but for years I’ve been hearing from motivational speakers, personal finance books, bloggers, my employer, and pretty much the whole world that writing out goals helps one achieve more, so that is the idea behind this resolution. I’ll let you throughout the year if I feel like I’m accomplishing more by doing this!
January Blog Goals
1) Do at least two guest posts on other sites in January. I already have one lined up, so I’m half way there!
2) Continue the pace of publishing new content three days per week and the Saturday Morning Fever Roundup on the weekends.
3) Drop Alexa rank below 100,000. I am not sure how fast this can drop from here on out, but others have shared with me that some of them took only about a month to drop from 200K to 100K so I am hopeful that I can achieve this goal in January. I am going to do this by continuing to do lots of commenting/sharing on other blogs daily as well as by doing #1 and #2.
1) Go to the gym at least three times a week, including at least two classes (I get a better workout at the classes where there is an instructor breathing down my neck and motivating me to work harder!)
2) Sell a couple Christmas gifts on eBay (yes, I am totally guilty of doing this when I receive gifts I don’t need- shh don’t tell)
I think that’s where I’m going to leave it for now! Should be enough to challenge me and make me work hard!
How about you? What goals are you working to achieve in January?
Photo credit: Greg