Hi everyone! Here are my June goals, which is the sixth installment of my monthly update on goals. I had never been much of a goals gal prior to this, but I have been finding that since I’ve started doing this it’s been helping me to get a little bit more done each month and not let so many things slide repeatedly. My 2014 New Year’s resolution is to write out goals every month and work throughout the month toward achieving them. I will tell you all about my goals here to help keep myself accountable AND provide an update on how I did on last month’s goals. Here we go!
May Goals Update
1) Publish on at least one Tuesday or Thursday in May. PASS. I actually published on TWO Tuesdays in May (although one was just last week when I pushed my first post of the week back to Tuesday because of Memorial Day in the US).
2) Establish more of a presence on Pinterest. Since this is really vague, I’ll say my goal is to visit Pinterest and add content to my page at least once a week. PASS. I even got some more Pinterest followers in May, which was nice!
3) Paint the spare bedroom in our house. PASS. For those of you who have read my last couple monthly goals update, you know that this one has been on the list for a while. We FINALLY got around to doing it. I bought the fancy paint that has primer mixed in it, and we managed to get the room looking great with only ONE coat, which was so exciting.
4) Go to the gym at least three times a week, including at least two classes. PASS. I’ve actually been surpassing this goal a bit and getting to classes about three times a week (four one week!) Starting to be able to see some muscles in my arms, which is super cool (I used to think I was born without arm muscles!)
5) Dust the house at least once a month. PASS. Nothing like publicly admitting that you don’t dust your house very often to motivate yourself to do it! We actually dusted twice in the past month, although once was because we were having company over. Anyway, this is a pretty big step up from once every, uh, two or three months!!
1) Write enough posts to have my publication schedule booked out at least 3 weeks. We are anticipating some big changes around the CMF household at the end of June… there’s a chance that our five year journey to parenthood is going to close and we’ll begin the next chapter- as parents! I haven’t blogged much about it because I don’t want to jinx it, but right now it appears that we may be adopting a baby at the end of the month. So anyway, I’d like to get my posts booked out a little farther here so I can take a little break from blogging when the time comes. If anyone is looking for a place to guest post, please contact me, as I’d welcome guest bloggers over the coming weeks!
2) Continue to establish a presence on Pinterest by visiting the site and adding content to my page at least once a week.
3) Go to the gym at least three times a week, including at least two classes. This one is really important to me, especially now that I’m starting to see some results! So it is definitely staying on the goals list.
4) Read at least one book. I have several parenting books that friends have lent me. A couple of them I read a long time ago but I’d like to re-read within the next few weeks!
5) Prepare for baby! There are a million things to do, such as get the car seat installed in our car, wash baby clothes that we have, pack bags for when we need to leave for the delivery, setting up some furniture, etc. I hope you’ll see a “PASS” in this category this time next month when I check in on my goals– otherwise we’ll be in some serious trouble!
Do you set goals on a regular basis? If so, what goals are you working to achieve in June?