Hi all! I just found out that this week that the totally awesome Michelle from Fit Is the New Poor nominated me for a Liebster Award! I am so thrilled and honored. Gosh, between the Liebster nomination and the search engines finally starting to figure out that I’m alive, I am finally starting to feel like I am making it here in the world of blogging!
If you are nominated for a Liebster award this is what you should do:
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
3. Answer the questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 5 to 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers (Dee’s Note: I am not sure what it means by 200 followers, nor do I really have any idea who out there does or does not have 200 followers. I know I do not have 200 subscribers, so this definitely describes me!)
5. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Notify your nominees by posting on their blog
My questions from Fit Is the New Poor:
- This or that: Working a crappy job but being rich the rest of your life. OR Working a great job but just barely getting by? I would wayyyyy rather work a great job but just barely get by. Life is too short to stay in a job that makes you miserable, no matter how much money you are making!
- Could you realistically go a month without the internet? Ooh, that’s a good question. The answer is yes, I think I could. But it would probably take a lot of advance planning (for paying bills, blog management, etc) and I’d have a TON of stuff to get caught up on when I finished my internet holiday!
- If you were given 100k to go back to school, what would you study? Could I spend the $100K on something other than school? Ha ha. I am soooo done with school, but I suppose that if someone held a gun to my head and made me do it I would be some sort of a health and wellness major- at least then I could take some exercise classes for credit!
- How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood? Eight pounds… ok, I have no idea!
- What is your favorite joke? Hmmm, my favorite clean and blog-friendly joke is “Why did Santa Claus plant a garden? So he could ho ho ho all year long!”
- I need book recommendations. What was the last (non-PF) related book you read? I read The Racketeer, by John Grisham. I know nothing about law, but I love Grisham books.
- If you could banish bloggers from blogging about one thing, what would it be? Hmm, I don’t know that I would banish anyone from blogging about anything. There are plenty of topics that get covered repeatedly, but I still like reading different bloggers’ posts because everyone approaches these topics from different perspectives.
- What game show (past or present) would you most like to compete on? That would have to be Wheel of Fortune. I totally love that show, and we watch it frequently while we are making dinner!
- Describe your weird and freaky talent that not many people know about. I can pick up an awful lot of things with my toes. Nothing heavy, but a lot of different things!
- 10. If you could win one virtual or IRL award, what would it be? I’d love to win pretty much any blogging award! Ever since I started blogging I’ve been pretty jealous of all those bloggers out there who have lots of awards on their sites. I’ve been hoping to somehow win one someday!
My nominated blogs:
Disclosure: I have no idea about anyone else’s readership. I am nominating other blogs that I know are relatively new like myself, and also happen to be ones that I like a lot!
- Bre at The Weight of Debt
- Kay at Green Money Stream
- Dave at The New York Budget
- Mr. Ikonz at Project Ikonz
- Anneli and Carlos at The Frugalweds
Here are my Liebster questions:
1) If someone gave you a million dollars, what would you do with it?
2) What is your favorite thing about blogging?
3) When cooking, are you more likely to follow a recipe or make it up as you go along?
4) Are you a cat person or a dog person or neither or both, and why?
5) If you could go back in time and give yourself advice, what advice would you give?
6) On that glorious day when you achieve your big financial goals (be it debt payoff, reaching financial independence, or something else), how will you celebrate?
7) How do you think your financial situation will compare to that of your parents? Do you think you will be better or worse off than them one day?
8) Are you a glass half full or half empty kind of person?
9) What is your favorite season, and why?
10) If you could have dinner with any three people, living or dead, who would you choose?
Thanks again to Michelle for the nomination! You rock, girl!
Here’s a question for everyone else: If someone gave you a million dollars, what would you do with it?