Hi there. Welcome to Color Me Frugal. We are so glad that you found us! Color Me Frugal is a personal finance blog dedicated to helping you find ways to crush debt, save money, create extra income, and build wealth. In short, we want to help you become a financial rock star!
Note: This page may contain affiliate links.
That being said, becoming your own best financial self can take some serious effort! Here are some of Color Me Frugal’s guiding principles to creating the financial life that you want.
- Spend less than you earn. Always. Once you’ve got that extra bit of wiggle room in your budget every month, keep it! That’s your money, you’ve earned it. And you deserve to keep some of it for yourself.
- Dump your debt. Sure, everyone you know has debt. But you don’t want to be like everyone you know, do you? If you want to live an extraordinary financial life, you’re going to have to do some extraordinary things. And that starts with getting out of debt and staying out. Forever.
- Find creative ways to save. By becoming a savvy consumer and finding ways to use your money smartly, you can take charge of your spending.
- Pay yourself first. If you are going to start taking the first steps toward building wealth, the very first thing you need to learn is how to pay yourself first. Because the most important person that you need to pay every month is YOU.
- Find ways to make extra income. I don’t care if you think that your main job already pays you enough (who thinks that, anyway???) Unless you want to be slave to the 9 to 5 forever, you are going to want to think about creating some sort of a side hustle.
- Make building wealth a priority. Who cares if the Joneses next door have a brand new SUV? It might be pretty to look at, but we guarantee that having one of those in the driveway is not going to help you sleep nearly as well as having that money, say, invested in a Roth IRA.
- Always keep your future in mind- but live life NOW. We understand that sometimes in life, the thing you need to do is not always the thing that makes the most financial sense. Hey, life is messy and it happens. We’re not here to beat you up over that. However, by following some of the other guiding principles above, we hope that you will be able to get yourself in a better position so that when “life happens” in the future you’ll be better prepared to weather the storm.
So there you have it! Those are our guiding principles here at Color Me Frugal. Interested in learning more? Below are some of our most popular articles to get you started. Also, don’t forget to join our mailing list!
CMF’s favorite FREE money management tools!
Some of the best online tools out there for money management are at Personal Capital, and the awesome news is that they are all FREE! Cash flow tracker, 401(k) fee analyzer, investment checkup, net worth monitoring, and many more! I’m a net worth junkie, so the net worth monitor is my favorite. Check out my Personal Capital review here, or click here to check out all the awesome tools for yourself!